CATEGORY 1: FIJI PRIDE CHAMPION
This is an Individual Award
This category recognizes tourism professional/s who has been employed in the tourism industry, for more than 5 years and who demonstrate a passion and commitment for personal and product excellence.
Non-executive management employees of Tourism service providers, including, but not limited to, accommodation providers, hotels, resorts, airlines, tour operators, restaurants, etc. Applicant must be a Fiji citizen.
How to Enter:
Step 1: Register your Interest to submit an Application online.
- If you are entering more than one category, a separate registration must be submitted for each. Please ensure you read the submission requirements and criteria for the Category closely before you submit your submission form.
- Registration will be Open from Monday 15 July
- Log onto our FETA website to register: www.feta.com.fj
- The Secretariat will respond by email to confirm your registration.
- During this period, FETA will also assist with enquiries relating to How to prepare an Application & Enter the Awards.
Step 2: Prepare Your Application/s
- Ensure you provide all required information and attach all required supporting documentation in the format required for the Category
- Ensure you include a completed copy of the Application disclaimer statement.
- Use the Checklist to ensure that you are submitting a complete Application.
Step 3: Submit your Application/s
- Upload your applications to the website OR Email Application as a PDF to [email protected]. Entrants can provide up to 3MB of supporting evidence in a pdf
- Application/s plus supporting evidence attached must not exceed 8MB size.
Entries close 5pm, Monday 15th November, 2019
Conditions of Entry:
- The Nominee must have been employed in the Fijian tourism industry for more than five (5) consecutive years by the closing date;
- This Category cannot be self-nominated
- The award will be presented at the discretion of the judges, based on the submissions received;
- The award will not be given to the same person twice;
- If at any time following submission of an entry, the Individual being put forward is convicted of a felony, the entrant is required to advise the Secretariat in writing and accepts that the submission will no longer be eligible for an award.
General Rules and Conditions of Entry:
The minimum information required in the Criteria Assessment section of your category must be supplied in the format required.
- Supporting evidence & information can then be referenced as relevant & attached to your submission in any format that you choose.
- Strict word counts apply as laid out in the Criteria Assessment section of your category.
- Each category will be judged on key criteria, each criteria being worth points as noted & points will be awarded on ALL information supplied.
- Unanswered criteria will attract zero points. Applicants are required to note if required criteria is not relevant to their operation & why, or if they are restricted from providing information.
- Judges’ Decisions
The decisions of the ANZ Fiji Excellence in Tourism Award Judging Panel & its Trustees are final.
All information submitted is strictly confidential & assessed only by the Judging Panel.
- Judging & Site Visits
The judging panel consists of a Head Judge and expert judges for each category that judges all applications. The Secretariat and Organising Committee have NO involvement in the judging of submissions.
All submissions will be judged per the criteria as detailed in the Category criteria and on supporting documentation relating to the criteria.
Site visits will be made before final judging. The purpose of a visit is to assess the business being short listed & for verification of claims that may be made within the submission.
Applicants are under no obligation to offer a free experience of their product in their application, & unless there are specific logistic requirements (i.e. special transportation arrangements), visits by judges may or may not be announced prior to, or declared on arrival to management.
- An overview of the nominee 10 points
- Nominees personal service & examples of activities 20 points
- Benefits to the industry & success 20 points
- Personal Interview 10 points
(Shortlisted applicants only and at judges’ discretion)
An overview of the nominee 10 points
- Provide a brief overview of the nominee, highlighting their outstanding attributes & a brief (tourism) career history, including a description of their current employment.
- Nominee must not be part of the management team.
- Word Limit – 1 A4 Page
Nominees Personal Service & Examples of Activities 20 points
- Provide specific examples of activities resulting from the nominee’s performance that have demonstrated dedication & their contribution to the Tourism industry.
- Provide statistics if appropriate e.g. increases in repeat business etc., measureable customer satisfaction etc
- Evidence that nominee’s actions are/would be contributing to growing business / Destination Fiji
- Word Limit – 1 A4 Page
Benefits to the Industry & Success 20 points
- Outline the degree of personal involvement, the success resulting from that involvement & the long-term benefits to the industry as determined by the ongoing nature of achievement or success
- Provide evidence of activities above and beyond the Call of Duty (eg. Demonstrated leadership skills, community involvement.
- Word Limit – 1 A4 Page
Personal Interview 10 points
- Short-listed nominees may be contacted by the Judges to arrange a time for a personal interview.
The minimum requirement of the Criteria Assessment above is a summary application of no greater length than stated for each criterion. You may then reference & supply additional information. ALL information submitted will be considered when awarding points.
For any questions or clarifications about your application or the entry/submission process, please contact the Secretariat on: P: 679 – 8645087 │E: [email protected] │S: Lavenia Radiva